The below advice, from Mack Boring, is for the Yanmar 3GM30F, but is essentially the same procedure for most engines:
“Coolant Change – Yanmar 3GM30FC (Japan, circa 1999)Coolant Change – Yanmar 3GM30FC (Japan, circa 1999)
Yanmar accepts the following antifreeze applications in their products, present and past models:
- Ethylene glycol-Changed annually regardless of hours of operation.
- Extended Life Antifreeze or Coolant (Meets or exceeds ASTM D3306 & D4985) Changed every two years or 250 hours whichever comes first.
- Yanmar Ultralife YG30
- Dex-Cool Long Lfe Coolant
- Havoline Extended Life Antifreeze
Benefits of extended life coolants:
- reduces hard scale build up
- better heat transfer
- no phosphate or silicate formation
- long term corrosion protection for aluminum, bronze and cast iron
- improved water pump life
Thomas J. Watts
Technical Support, Mack Boring & Parts Company
908-964-0700 ext. 286
- 0.5 gal Dexcool-type Extended Life Antifreeze (ex. Prestone 5yr/150000mi)
You need to be logged in to see the rest of this content. Catalina380-IA members, please login.
To join please fill out a membership application (Association->Membership Application) and send a check to the address on the form.