We have installed a new 135% genoa from Rolly Tasker ($1950) and a new mainsail, with Dutchman, from Haarstick (over $3K). Both are Dacron. All of a sudden we can hit hull speed seemingly without trying very hard. Winds this weekend were variable on Long Island Sound, 5 to 18 knots. At around 12knots / 60 degrees apparent we found a wide groove and were romping along at 7.6 knots not really trimmed well. I figured the main was more complicated, hence going with Haarstick (who do a great job relative to fit and quality). Can’t wait to try the new chute.
BTW we swapped out the old vinyl covered wire topping lift for a 3/16 Amsteel Blue line – much better and far lighter. Dutchman is not adjusted quite right just yet, but I’m gald we stayed with one.
Tom (Alchemy, 380, #120)
Last year, I got a new